BLP TECHNOLOGIES, INC (SENSORWORX)
2. WHAT INFORMATION SENSORWORX COLLECTS
We collect the following types of information from and about users of our Sites:
3. HOW SENSORWORX COLLECTS INFORMATION
We collect information in a variety of ways, including: Information you voluntarily provide to us. We may collect Personal Data when you use or interact with us through the Sites, including when you submit a request for quote, when you subscribe for a print magazine or an email newsletter, when you download content, or when you register to use certain services. In some cases, we may also collect your credit card information, some of which may constitute Personal Data, to secure certain payments. We may also collect Personal Data from you offline, such as when you attend one of our events, during phone calls with representatives, when you complete paper forms, or when you contact a SENSORWORX representative.
- Information we automatically collect. We may also automatically collect certain technical data that is sent to us from the computer, mobile device, and/or browser through which you access the Sites.
This may include, without limitation, a unique identifier associated with your access device and/or browser (including, for example, your IP address), characteristics about your access device and/or browser, statistics on your activities on the Sites, information about how you came to the Sites and data collected through cookies, web beacons, flash cookies, and other similar technologies.
- Information from other sources. We may also collect or receive Personal Data from third-party sources, such as third-party websites or integrations, our service providers, our business partners, and other third parties.
Please note that when you register for the Sites or otherwise submit Personal Data to us, we may associate other Non-Personal Data (including Non-Personal Data we collect from third parties) with your Personal Data. Upon doing so, we will treat any such combined data as your Personal Data until such time as it can no longer be associated with you or used to identify you.
4. PROCESSING PURPOSES and How SEnsorworx Uses Personal Data
We collect and use Personal Data:
- To fulfill your requests, such as response to a quote request, to send you requested materials and newsletters, information and materials regarding our products and services.
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Sites and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- For internal business purposes, including without limitation, to help us improve the content and functionality of the Sites, to better understand our users, to improve the Sites, to protect against, identify, or address wrongdoing, to enforce our Terms and Conditions, to manage your account and provide you with customer service, and to generally manage the Sites and our business.
- Where it is in accordance with your marketing preferences, we may use your Personal Data for marketing purposes, including without limitation, to inform you about our own and third-parties’ services or products that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your Personal Data in this way, please inform us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the unsubscribe button in our e-mails to set your preferences. Please see the Section entitled “Your Choices” for more information.
- We may use Personal Data as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (i) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (ii) to comply with legal processes; (iii) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (iv) to enforce our Terms and Conditions; (iv) to protect our operations; (v) to protect our, your, and/or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property; and (vi) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
5. When and How SensorWorx Shares Personal Data
- Your Instructions. SENSORWORX will share your Personal Data to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it, subject to applicable law.
- Agents, Consultants, and Service Providers. We may share your Personal Data with our contractors and service providers who process Personal Data on behalf of SENSORWORX to perform certain business- related functions. These companies may include our marketing agencies, database service providers, backup and disaster recovery service providers, email service providers, and others. When we engage another company to perform such functions, we may provide them with information, including Personal Data, in connection with their performance of such functions. If applicable to ensure GDPR-compliant processing of Personal Data, we have entered into processor agreements with these processors.
- Legal Requirements. We may disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law in order to, for example, respond to a subpoena or request from law enforcement, a court or a government agency (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements), or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect or defend our rights, interests or property or that of third parties, (iii) prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Sites, (iv) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Sites or the public, or (v) protect against legal liability.
- Marketing Purposes. Where it is in accordance with your marketing preferences, we may share your Personal Data for marketing purposes, including without limitation, to inform you about our own and third-parties’ services or products that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of us using your Personal Data in this way by emailing us at email@example.com or use the unsubscribe button in our e-mails to set your preferences. Please see the Section entitled “Your Choices” for more information.
- With Your Consent. We may share your Personal Data with third parties when we have obtained your consent to do so.
6. How SensorWorx Secures Personal Data
We have implemented appropriate organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect Personal Data within our organization, including security controls to prevent unauthorized access to our systems. While we take reasonable steps to secure your Personal Data from loss, misuse, interference and unauthorized access, modification and disclosure, you should be aware no security procedures or protocols are ever guaranteed to be completely secure from intrusion or hacking, and there is therefore always some risk assumed by sharing Personal Data online. If you have reason to believe that your data has been compromised, please immediately notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Data
You can change your Personal Data sending us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any Personal Data that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
8. How Long SensorWorx Retains Personal Data
We may retain your Personal Data indefinitely for the primary purpose of sales, marketing, and other basic business functions. You may request removal of your information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. However, we may retain Personal Data for an additional period as is permitted or required under applicable laws. Even if we delete your Personal Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for an additional period of time for legal, tax, or regulatory reasons, or for legitimate and lawful business purposes.
9. Your Choices
You have several choices available when it comes to your Personal Data.
You can browse the Sites without providing any Personal Data (other than data collected automatically to the extent it is considered Personal Data under applicable laws) or you may decide to simply limit the Personal Data you provide. If you choose not to provide any Personal Data or limit the Personal Data you provide, you may not be able to use certain functionality of the Sites or, as a possible consequence, we may not be able to provide our services (any longer).
Where it is in accordance with your marketing preferences, SENSORWORX may send you electronic communications marketing or advertising the Sites themselves, products or services on the Sites, and/or third-party products or services that may be of interest to you. You can opt out of receiving these electronic communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any such electronic communication. In addition, you may also manage your preferences at any time by emailing us at email@example.com or use the unsubscribe button in our e-mails to set your preferences.
Certain electronic communications from SENSORWORX are responsive to your requests. Notwithstanding any unsubscribe election that you have made, you may still receive transactional or responsive emails. You can only stop receiving these types of communications by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the unsubscribe button in our e-mails to set your preferences.
Your California privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Sites that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Data to third parties for direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com
Your EU/EEA privacy Rights
DO NOT Track disclosures and cookies
Do Not Track is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. When a user turns on the Do Not Track signal, the browser sends a message to websites requesting them not to track the user. At this time, SENSORWORX does not respond to Do Not Track browser settings or signals. In addition, we deploy cookies on our Sites. Cookies may be used by us to collect information about you and your Internet activity, even if you have turned on the Do Not Track signal. Reference is made to our Cookie Declaration, which inform you about the cookies used and how you can opt-out.
10. CHILDREN under the Age of 18
Our Sites are not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on the Sites. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on the Sites or on or through any of its features, register on the Sites, make any purchases through the Sites, use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Sites, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Data from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. Third-Party Websites
Similarly, please note that we are not responsible for the collection, use, and disclosure policies and practices (including the data security practices) of other organizations, such as other app developers, app providers, social media platform providers, operating system providers, wireless service providers, or device manufacturers.
12. Sensitive Information
Please do not send or disclose to us, on or through the Sites or via other means, any sensitive Personal Data, including information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions or affiliations, religious or philosophical beliefs or affiliations, trade union membership, genetic data, biometric data, sex life or sexual orientation, social security numbers, or criminal background.
14. Questions, ConCerns, or Complaints
Your privacy is important to us. If you have any questions, concerns, or complaints regarding the way we collect and handle your information, please contact us by email at email@example.com, or by mail:
SENSORWORX, ATTN: SALES
2A RESEARCH PARKWAY,
SENSORWORX will take any privacy complaint seriously and any complaint will be assessed by an appropriate person with the aim of resolving any issue in a timely and efficient manner. We request that you cooperate with us during this process and provide us with any relevant information that we may need. However, please note that you have the right to file a complaint with the relevant Supervisory Authority.
WHAT IS SensorWorx
SENSORWORX is a new brand of lighting controls that is redefining the occupancy sensor category. At the core of this claim is the incorporation of key innovations in three areas: Technology, Convenience, and Manufacturing Quality.
SENSORWORX products have been designed from the ground up utilizing the latest technology in electronics; creating a powerful foundation for performance and features.
SENSORWORX products are proudly made in the USA, at our state-of-the-art electronics manufacturing facility in Connecticut.
Careful consideration has been given to the mechanical designs of SENSORWORX products to simplify and enhance the installation experience of an electrical contractor.
Founded by engineers with decades of experience in lighting controls, the team behind SENSORWORX has an unmatched resumé of bringing high quality and innovative products to the lighting and building control marketplace. We invite you to follow us as we grow the SENSORWORX brand, build our new production facility, and create products that set The New Standard in Lighting Controls.