Wireless Phase Dimming Load Controller
The SENSORWORX® wireless phase dimming load controller links to remote occupancy sensors, photocells, and companion switches without low voltage wiring in order to provide both manual and automatic lighting control. With no minimum load requirements, this dimmer is perfect for even the smallest lighting zone. Additionally, at less than one inch deep, the unit is significantly shallower than typical dimmers. This results in less crowded wall boxes and quicker installation. All SENSORWORX products are proudly made in the USA.
For control of small spaces like a private office, a wireless phase dimmer controller linked to single wireless ceiling sensor (e.g. SWX-221-B) is recommended. Both occupancy (auto-on) and vacancy (manual-on) operation are achievable in order to meet energy code requirements.
For control of medium size spaces like a conference room or small classroom, a wireless phase dimmer controller linked to a single wireless wide view sensor (e.g. SWX-421-B) provides an excellect solution. Linking additional sensors is also an option if necessary. Dimming and/or switching from a second location (e.g. 3-way) is achieved by linking a remote wireless wall switch (either the line powered SWX-854-2 or the battery powered SWX-854-B) to the wireless phase dimming load controller.
Features / Wireless
Phase Dimming Load Controller
Dims LED, CFL, ELV, & Incandescent Lighting Loads
- Selectable Reverse (default) and Forward Phase Dimming in Same Unit
- No Minimum Load Ratings – Relay Based Switching (i.e. non-Triac)
3-Way+ Dimming when Wirelessly Linked with Remote Dimming Stations
- Overload Protection Monitors & Protects Unit from Overheating
Enclosure is 25-40% Shallower than Other Wall Dimmers (< 1” Depth into Wallbox)
Modern Look and Individual Easy-Tap Buttons for On, Off, Raise, & Lower
Matches Styling of other SWX Wall Devices
Self-Grounding Mounting Strap
Blue Locator LED when Lights are Off
Links in Seconds with Wireless Sensors & Remote Wall Stations
Configurable Dimming Parameters including High/Low Trims, Turn on Levels, and Curve Types
Configurable Time Delays and Operational Modes (e.g. Occupancy, Vacancy, Partial On, Partial Off) when Linked to Wireless Sensors
- Programmable Dimming Curves
Configurable Daylight Harvesting & Photocell Modes when Linked to Wireless Photocells
Settings are Adjustable without Removing Cover Plate
Links with up to 30 Wireless Devices
- White LED Indicator Changes Intensity as Dim Level is Adjusted
- Unit Retains Level Setting after Power Outage
120VAC, Single Phase, 50/60 Hz
MLV (consult factory)
CFL, Electronic/Magnetic Ballasts (Fluorescent)
Electronic Low Voltage (-ELV model)
MLV (consult factory)
Tested to withstand electrostatic discharge without damage or memory loss.
Tested to withstand surge voltages without damage or loss of operation.
Saves all settings even if power is disrupted.
2.74”H x 1.68”W x 1.39”D
(6.96 x 4.27 x 3.53 cm)
<1” Wallbox Mounting Depth
Single Gang Switch Box
LED STATUS INDICATOR
Bi-color White & Blue
Occupancy & Vacancy,
TIME DELAY OPTIONS
1, 5, 10, 15, 20, 30 min.
80’ line of site w/o obstruction (walls)
40’ with obstruction (walls/floors)
915 MHz ISM Band
Simple 3 sec. Push Button Process
All Wireless Data is Encrypted
32°F to 86°F (0°C to 30°C)
(for full load operation)
0-95% Non-Condensing, Indoor Use Only
These load controllers can be used to meet ASHRAE 90.1, IECC, & Title 24 energy code requirements.
Wireless Linking (Pairing)
Linking a phase dimming load controller with a sensor, photocell, power pack, remote dimmer, or another wall switch controller is quickly done via the following procedure:
Step 1. Enter learn mode by holding down the phase dimmer’s On button for 3 seconds until the LED starts alternating blue and white, then release.
Step 2. At the sensor (or other remote device), hold down the programming button for 3 seconds until the LED starts alternating blue and white. Releasing will link the sensor with the phase dimmer in learn mode (see note 1 below).
Step 3. Repeat step 2 to link another sensor or device.
Step 4. When all devices have been linked, exit learn mode on the phase dimmer controller by pressing the button 1 time. Learn mode will also be automatically closed after 15 minutes if no new devices being linked.
Note 1: Once a device(s) is linked, the alternating LED colors on the phase dimming controller will periodically pause and blink out total number of linked devices. There will be no blinks during the pause until after the first device is linked.
Note 2: Linking two wall switch controllers (or one wall switch controller and one wireless power pack) can be done by putting each device in learn mode first (i.e. Step 1 above) before continuing to Step 2 for each device. After Step 2 has been completed for each device, continue to Step 3 for each device.
General Wireless Operation
- By default, every ~60 seconds wireless sensors transmit a status message whether or not occupancy was detected during the previous period.
- Referred to as the sensor’s “heartbeat”, this period can be reduced to ~30 seconds although this will decrease expected battery life.
- If a sensor transmitted “unoccupied” at its last heartbeat, any new occupancy detection event will be transmitted immediately.
- If a sensor transmitted “occupied” at its last heartbeat, new occupancy events will only be transmitted at the heartbeat interval, thus conserving battery life.
- All wirelessly linked wall switch load controllers and/or power packs have a master time delay that is reset every time a linked sensor reports occupancy. Lights will be switched off once all linked sensors have continuously reported unoccupied for the duration of the time delay.
- If a wall switch load controller does not receive a heartbeat transmission from a linked sensor for 10 minutes it will blink out an error code (4 blue blinks, followed by a pause). If more than one sensor is linked, the sensor heartbeats from all sensors must have stopped for the error warning to begin blinking.
- The Ambient Setpoint and Photocell Operating Mode are settings stored within the wall switch controller. For all photocell applications (e.g. on/off override), the wall switch controller receives the light level readings being transmitted every 15 seconds by wirelessly linked photocells. The controller will then turn off or on connected lighting in order to maximize energy savings while maintaining desired minimum light level.
- The setpoint value initially is established by the running the Auto-Setpoint calibration procedure that is built into the wireless photocell. Once initially determined, the setpoint can be changed at the wall switch controller by selecting from a list of values.
- The wireless wall switch controller will only listen to a single wireless photocell sensor. If more than one is wirelessly linked, the unit that last ran the auto-setpoint calibration procedure will be used.
- The photocell control algorithm compensates for the contribution of the controlled lighting to the overall light level of the space. This prevents lights from cycling back on shortly after they are switched off by the photocell operation.
- When the unit’s Photocell Operating Mode is set to On/Off Operation or Inhibit Operation, there is a 45 second transition time after the ambient light level falls below the setpoint to when the connected lighting is switched on. During this transition time, the LED on the wall switch controller will be slowly blinking blue.
- When the unit’s Photocell Operating Mode is set to On/Off Operation, there is a 5 minute transition time after the ambient light level surpasses the setpoint to when the connected lighting is switched off. During this transition time, the LED on the wall switch controller will be slowly blinking blue.
- Whenever lights are being held off due to the photocell, the blue LED will double blink every 15 seconds.
Designed to mount in 1-gang wall box with 3.28” hole spacing.
Units can also share multiple gang wall boxes with other devices.
Unit face is field removable in order to change colors. Contact factory for additional faces.
EXAMPLE MODEL # SWX-874-ELV-WH
|SWX||874-ELV||Wireless Dimming Load Controller, 120VAC - ELV / Reverse Phase (for Electronic Low Voltage/LED/CFL/|
|SWX||199||Single Gang Wall Plate||White||WH||10 Pack**||J10|
*WALLPLATE NOT INCLUDED
** THE CONTRACTOR PACK OPTION (-J10) REDUCES JOB SITE WASTE AND INVENTORY TIME